Archive for February, 2013

JuJu goes polyphonic

Tuesday, February 26th, 2013

I’ve finally managed to get eight voices into JuJu! The demo below demonstrates JuJu playing 7 of the Linn sounds (I didn’t have any more loaded) and is using a very basic and rudimentary MIDI parser, so it does sometimes miss a MIDI note, but that will get fixed, for now I just wanted to test the sample […]

GorF now available fully assembled

Sunday, February 24th, 2013

I’m pleased to announce that GorF is now available as a fully assembled and cased version. GorF has had a bit of a facelift too, it has a new case which now completely encloses all the parts. This includes the rear which was previously exposed. I have a few of these to sell, which can […]

A new Zira

Friday, February 22nd, 2013

I’ve finished building a couple of Ziras using the a new PCB. The new PCB fixes the mod made on the original. It also adds an extra trimmer which make setting them up a lot quicker. I’m hoping to have some of these ready for sale in the next couple of months. You can read […]

JuJu gets more sounds

Wednesday, February 13th, 2013

Well, I wanted to add some more sounds, mostly so I can test the triggering of multiple voices when I get to adding them, I mean, if I had 8 voices all playing a bass drum, how would I know it was 8 or 1? So, I’ve added some more sounds from the Linn Drum, […]

The return of JuJu

Tuesday, February 12th, 2013

I’ve managed to finally get a new version of JuJu started. JuJu has been through three hardware revisions and four software revisions. The main reason for this has been the lack of speed when it comes to grabbing the drum samples, manipulating them and then playing them back. Doing one voice is easy, doing 8, […]

ADSR speed tests

Friday, February 8th, 2013

Well, I’ve done some speed tests for the ADSRs and I think I may need some adjustments. At 0 (Zero) the decay/release is around 0.5mS, possibly a bit quick. at 127 the decay/release is around 110 seconds, possibly a bit too long. Good enough to develop with for now Anyway, here’s the samples - http://soundcloud.com/vacoloco/egspeed-20130208

Aurora ADSRs

Monday, February 4th, 2013

Managed to get the ADSRs in and working today, still got a few bugs to iron out, but they have the shape I wanted. Nice linear attack, exponential decay and release curves.

Aurora Now receiving MIDI

Saturday, February 2nd, 2013

I’m very pleased to announce that Aurora is now receiving MIDI and playing notes from MIDI (in this case my GorF sequencer) https://soundcloud.com/vacoloco/first-midi-to-voice-tests With this now working I can work on the envelope generators and then begin adding the modulation.

Aurora Control Working

Friday, February 1st, 2013

The control board is now communicating with the voice, phew. In the picture Knob zero controls the voice LFO rate, and knob one controls the LFO waveform. It sounds like a relatively small thing, but it’s crucial as now I can connect other voice cards and have the main control board send patch and note […]