As mentioned previously, I dug out a control board I’d used for another project a while back and decided to use this for Aurora.Today I added the various wires needed and tested the board, so far so good. This will let me send MIDI to the voice to test things like envelopes, pitch tracking and […]
Archive for January, 2013
You’ll now find VacoLoco on Pinterest, I’m still finding my way around it but I thought it might be useful for sharing photos of projects and progress. http://pinterest.com/vacoloco/
Tonight was quite productive, I managed to add an LFO to the Aurora Voice card. It has four wave shapes; sine, sawtooth, square and random. It has a variable rate from very slow to very quick, a delay (which fades in) and the ability to restart the wave when a new key is pressed. A […]
I’ve now added PWM to Aurora’s oscillators so I thought it was time to share a couple more demo sounds. I forgot just how much richness PWM adds to the sound First up we have the PWM, just a single oscillator with a simple pulse width sweep up and down from 1% to 50% width […]
A quick update about Aurora, I’m still working on it but there’s not much to show at the moment. I’m playing with the oscillator code so I can add a few more waveforms, but critically I’m adding variable pulse width so Aurora can have PWM. I’m also investigating how best to get a decent quality […]
Well, it’s been a hectic few weeks but the beta GorF-XLs are assembled and ready to head off to the beta testers.
Whilst waiting for some parts to arrive for GorF-XL and Zira, I decided to pick up an old project, JuJu. JuJu was to be a drum brain, but playing back samples from things like the Linn drum and Oberheim DMX. The problem I had with JuJu was that I wasn’t able to get the samples […]